N.D.B. Cars and Coffee 3rd Running - June 19th 2011 at 8am in Weston

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Diff'rent Strokes...


On the train this morning I saw a 40-something woman wearing a prison-style shirt with “Azkaban Prison” written across the back. Now, I enjoy the Harry Potter books as much as the next guy, but c’mon. She was carrying a brief case and was apparently on her way to work…I am not sure this attire would fit with dress code where I work. I started formulating a post in my head that would have likely contained the word “dork.” However, as I thought more about it, there were two problems such a post. First, this rant is not automotive at all and therefore not strictly appropriate for Crumple Zone. Second, I realized that I have my own dork attire.

When I strut my stuff in my VW GTI or my Emerson Fittipaldi 1972 World Champion t-shirts, or sport my awesome new Peugeot 908 HDI cap, I think I look pretty cool. (See photo above for proof of my coolness.) However, I am sure Beatrix Lestrange in her Azkaban shirt looks at me and thinks, “What a dork.” So the moral of the story is: judge not lest ye be judged. Wear your passion with pride whether it be automotive, literary or otherwise. (Unless of course you’re getting together with friends this weekend to play Quidditch, then you’re just a loser.)

1 comment: